Jeremy could overcome Sheila easily

Started by Erik Narramore, November 11, 2022, 12:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erik Narramore

There isn't a comparison with Nevill because, remember, Jeremy could kill Nevill any which way he liked, as long as it could be attributed to Sheila.  Killing Sheila was a trickier affair.

Sheila had long nails.  Even the slightest injury from Sheila would have presented a massive problem for Jeremy.
"If the accusation is not proved beyond reasonable doubt against the man accused in the dock, then by law he is entitled to be acquitted, because that is the way our rules work.  It is no concession to give him the benefit of the doubt. He is entitled by law to a verdict of Not Guilty." - R v Adams

Rob Garland

Quote from: Erik Narramore on November 11, 2022, 12:22:19 PMThere isn't a comparison with Nevill because, remember, Jeremy could kill Nevill any which way he liked, as long as it could be attributed to Sheila.  Killing Sheila was a trickier affair.

Sheila had long nails.  Even the slightest injury from Sheila would have presented a massive problem for Jeremy.

Jeremy could easily overcome Sheila, but making it look like suicide and also not getting scratched or marked is very difficult. The rifle was long and difficult to handle at close quarters, it would be easy for someone to fend off the barrel making the shot to the throat next to impossible. The shooter would need one hand on the trigger the victim would have both hands available to deflect the barrel.

It was this aspect of the case that aroused my suspicion when watching the WHF series.

Leslie Aalders

Quote from: Rob Garland on November 11, 2022, 09:39:53 PM
Quote from: Erik Narramore on November 11, 2022, 12:22:19 PMThere isn't a comparison with Nevill because, remember, Jeremy could kill Nevill any which way he liked, as long as it could be attributed to Sheila.  Killing Sheila was a trickier affair.

Jeremy could easily overcome Sheila, but making it look like suicide and also not getting scratched or marked is very difficult. The rifle was long and difficult to handle at close quarters, it would be easy for someone to fend off the barrel making the shot to the throat next to impossible. The shooter would need one hand on the trigger the victim would have both hands available to deflect the barrel.

It was this aspect of the case that aroused my suspicion when watching the WHF series.

But could JB have overpowered Sheila with ease Rob,and would he really have counted on this?

He must surely have heard about how scared Freddie was when Sheila lost it.Bamber,if guilty,knew he had to deal with an unpredictable mentally ill Sheila,so she was in a way,his most challenging victim.Especially having to leave her till last.

And the guilters have to rely heavily on the sedation claim to have Sheila sleep through the sound of gunfire.Once a household has retired to bed and settled in,the slightest sound seems magnified,the ticking of a clock or a sudden creak from a floor board.

A rifle,even fitted with a moderator would seem like a canon being fired in the middle of the night.

But then the police scenario did have Sheila wake up and go through to her parents bedroom,but surely this means she was fully awake and aware she was about to be shot.Of course the claim was that Sheila froze,but then why did Bamber mess up the first shot if this was the case?

Indeed,a Bamber scenario is difficult to explain,not that a Sheila one is straight forward by any means.I remember reading about someone who had investigated the case intensely and concluded you could decide on the assailant by the toss of a coin.

I suppose,if you simply looked at the crime scene only.I mean forget about the silencer or Julie Mugfords evidence,take that away from the back of your mind for a minute.Which scenario,which assailant has the least problems to overcome?

I am sure,like myself,you all go through the scenarios over and over again in your head trying to decide,or if you have decided,convincing yourself that you have come to the correct conclusion.

Erik Narramore

Quote from: Leslie Aalders on November 12, 2022, 12:22:31 AMI suppose,if you simply looked at the crime scene only.I mean forget about the silencer or Julie Mugfords evidence,take that away from the back of your mind for a minute.Which scenario,which assailant has the least problems to overcome?

For me, that's definitely Sheila.  It's all there in Taff Jones' statement:
https://jeremybamberdiscussionforum.com/index.php?topic=3875.0

Any argument that uses Occam's razor ends with Sheila's guilt:
https://jeremybamberdiscussionforum.com/index.php?topic=18.0
"If the accusation is not proved beyond reasonable doubt against the man accused in the dock, then by law he is entitled to be acquitted, because that is the way our rules work.  It is no concession to give him the benefit of the doubt. He is entitled by law to a verdict of Not Guilty." - R v Adams

Rob Garland

Quote from: Leslie Aalders on November 12, 2022, 12:22:31 AM

But could JB have overpowered Sheila with ease Rob,and would he really have counted on this?

I am not very good at explaining myself Snow, when I said "Jeremy could easily overcome Sheila" I meant if he was not worried about hurting or marking her.

Unless Sheila is asleep or sedated to me the shots to her are almost impossible, she would have seen June lying on the floor, and would have fled to her children in panic.

Where you say "which assailant has the least problems to overcome?" I see no problems with a Sheila scenario she had grown up around guns, but there are huge problems with a JB scenario to me anyway.

Leslie Aalders

Quote from: Rob Garland on November 12, 2022, 03:20:19 PM

I am not very good at explaining myself Snow, when I said "Jeremy could easily overcome Sheila" I meant if he was not worried about hurting or marking her.

Unless Sheila is asleep or sedated to me the shots to her are almost impossible, she would have seen June lying on the floor, and would have fled to her children in panic.

Where you say "which assailant has the least problems to overcome?" I see no problems with a Sheila scenario she had grown up around guns, but there are huge problems with a JB scenario to me anyway.

I can assure you Rob,you are far better at explaining yourself than I am.When I read some of my old posts it is like reading a foreign language.

I fully agree that a JB scenario has many problems,I presume you have read Eriks post above on Occam's razor.which covers this topic brilliantly.I think it is one of Eriks best pieces,and if this was the world of cinema would be 'Oscar' worthy.

And I dont say this to blow Eriks head up,it really does cover all the questions we all think about involved in  both a Jeremy and Sheila scenario.I presume this article is included in Eriks book,if not ,it definately should be.Anyone new to the case should read this sort of material to give them a balanced common sense view of things.

I would even go as far as suggesting that such material should be sent to the ccrc to read.

Rob Garland

Quote from: Leslie Aalders on November 12, 2022, 03:51:53 PM

I can assure you Rob,you are far better at explaining yourself than I am.When I read some of my old posts it is like reading a foreign language.

I fully agree that a JB scenario has many problems,I presume you have read Eriks post above on Occam's razor.which covers this topic brilliantly.I think it is one of Eriks best pieces,and if this was the world of cinema would be 'Oscar' worthy.

And I dont say this to blow Eriks head up,it really does cover all the questions we all think about involved in  both a Jeremy and Sheila scenario.I presume this article is included in Eriks book,if not ,it definately should be.Anyone new to the case should read this sort of material to give them a balanced common sense view of things.

I would even go as far as suggesting that such material should be sent to the ccrc to read.

Yes I have read Erik's post "Occam's razor" Snow, when Erik's book is finished I think a copy should be given to every MP and a leather bound deluxe copy to the head of Essex Police! 

I know that Bill was also thinking of publishing a book on the case, his inside knowledge of how the police in those days worked would be valuable. These same problems were evident in the Yorkshire Ripper case, some officers were very concerned about the direction of the investigation but kept stum.

Leslie Aalders

Quote from: Rob Garland on November 12, 2022, 09:56:11 PM

Yes I have read Erik's post "Occam's razor" Snow, when Erik's book is finished I think a copy should be given to every MP and a leather bound deluxe copy to the head of Essex Police! 

I know that Bill was also thinking of publishing a book on the case, his inside knowledge of how the police in those days worked would be valuable. These same problems were evident in the Yorkshire Ripper case, some officers were very concerned about the direction of the investigation but kept stum.

Yes,I have no doubt Bill would be more than capable of writing a book too Rob,what about yourself,are you tempted? If I attempted any literature,I am sure it would be comparative to the standard of which William McGonagall was to poetry.

Rob Garland

Quote from: Leslie Aalders on November 12, 2022, 11:04:10 PM

Yes,I have no doubt Bill would be more than capable of writing a book too Rob,what about yourself,are you tempted? If I attempted any literature,I am sure it would be comparative to the standard of which William McGonagall was to poetry.

I don't think I am capable of writing a book Snow, I would make William McGonagall look like Shakespeare!

Leslie Aalders

Quote from: Rob Garland on November 13, 2022, 12:27:42 AM
Quote from: Leslie Aalders on November 12, 2022, 11:04:10 PM

I don't think I am capable of writing a book Snow, I would make William McGonagall look like Shakespeare!

Ha,ha very good Rob,well that settles it,any book writing on the Bamber case will be left to Erik and Bill.