No Direct Forensic Evidence Against Jeremy Bamber

Started by Erik Narramore, January 29, 2022, 01:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erik Narramore

There is no direct evidence that Jeremy Bamber was the killer.  The point is that the case against him is entirely circumstantial, but includes forensic evidence.  (The point is slightly contentious because you could argue that Julie Mugford's evidence is direct evidence.  I would disagree, but even if we concede the point, there is still no direct forensic evidence).

I also agree that the crime scene was compromised by the police, but that was not at Jeremy's instigation and so could be seen as a neutral point, since the police may well have destroyed evidence that could have exonerated him.  It is also worth noting that the carpets were only cut up after blood samples were taken.

Unless the blood spots you mention came from several victims, I doubt it would be of much significance as it could easily be put down to contamination of Jeremy's clothes.
"If the accusation is not proved beyond reasonable doubt against the man accused in the dock, then by law he is entitled to be acquitted, because that is the way our rules work.  It is no concession to give him the benefit of the doubt. He is entitled by law to a verdict of Not Guilty." - R v Adams