Problems With The Silencer Evidence: Crime Scene Choreography & Utility

Started by Erik Narramore, January 28, 2022, 08:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leslie Aalders

Quote from: Bill Robertson on November 30, 2023, 05:43:32 AMI will search my records and see if his statement is there. My recollection is that he heard a single gunshot from a shotgun but I need to check. He could not possibly have heard the rifle, which is the only weapon that inflicted wounds on the victims. I have to say that I regard his evidence as irrelevant. I hear gunshots every day, living in the country it is commonplace. It could even have been a bird scarer rather than a gunshot.

I had a look at my files but can't find anything related to Smith's report. I would be wary of anything reported in books as authors have been known to make things up, especially CAL.
You have reminded me that some of the first newspaper stories had June going crazy with a shotgun. Maybe Smith came forward after reading that. There were confused reports in the immediate aftermath of the incident.
Thanks very much Bill.In Lomax's book it is described as gunshot sounds.There is a reference to the shot/s in a document posted by Mike Tesko in 2013,it has something to do with one of the appeals.
I just thought it would be interesting to read Smith's original statement.