A Jeremy Scenario

Started by Erik Narramore, January 29, 2022, 05:06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erik Narramore

The position of the spent cartridges found can only be considered a rough guide, at best.  Quite simply, there is no reliable evidence that Nevill was shot upstairs or that he went upstairs at all that night.

I don't accept that a bullet or bullet hole in a pillow proves that June was shot while still in bed.  The bed was in the line of sight of shots, and bullets can hid the bed as well as they can hit people.

I do not say that a low calibre rifle is non-lethal, but low calibre is typically not as lethal as high calibre.  Obviously it's not simple as there are factors to consider, but calibre of the murder weapon will always be relevant.  As will range of shot and bullet type.  I think Jeremy would have had enough ballistic nous to understand that with a .22 rifle, he needed it fully-loaded and he needed all his targets except Sheila to be in bed, with shots to the head at reasonably close range, while at the same time allowing that he was staging Sheila running amok and needed to bear that in mind too.

This explains the shots to the twins, which were executed efficiently.  The others were not, but he had taken the precaution of filling the magazine.  Frankly, it would have been daft for him to just put half a magazine in.

Wasted bullets means bullets that did not hit their target.  There were some.
"If the accusation is not proved beyond reasonable doubt against the man accused in the dock, then by law he is entitled to be acquitted, because that is the way our rules work.  It is no concession to give him the benefit of the doubt. He is entitled by law to a verdict of Not Guilty." - R v Adams